So I am another year older. Wiser, probably not. So yes, I am now 38 years old. That has to be classed as middle aged right? But the thing for me is that I haven't really grown up. Well, that has to stop, at some stage we all have to grow up. We all have to face the fact that if we are climbing the hill, we are at the top or on the other side and the long slow climb down.
So today is the day after my birthday. A quiet birthday. Mostly due to my own actions, in not actually telling people about it. I spent the evening with my parents and my best friend. A sign I am getting older...sure. But also a sign that ever so slowly I am growing up. Accepting that there is more to life than how I have been living.
But the beauty of each day, each week and each year is that we can draw a line under the past and start again, focus on what we need to do going forward. And this is what we are going to do. I have to focus more on my work, have to focus more on my health and focus more on my lifestyle. And that is where this starts.
No comments:
Post a Comment