It is always good to catch up with old friends. My friend Becky, well technically my ex, but still a good friend, is due to give birth in a few weeks and is looking radiant. It made me realise a few things. I have always wondered if I would make a good father. I know it is something that I probably will never experience. That is my choice, a choice I have made. Maybe things will change given time, but at the moment it is what it is.
But it was fun catching up. Fun to get out and relax with someone where you can just be. Where you don't need to be too hypersensitive other people's feelings. Cautious about what you say in case you treat on some deeply buried insecurities.
I think in some ways it is why I came off of facebook. It is full of those kind of people. Who blame everyone for their own failings. Things happen to them because of x, y and z. I just don't have time for it. Don't get me wrong. I love my friends I really do, but sometimes their self centred bs is just too much
No comments:
Post a Comment