Wednesday, January 1, 2014

And so it begins

So here we are again, the start of another year and frankly, looking out of the window, the weather has not improved much since last year.  It has been raining pretty much all day, and the grass outside of my flat is starting to represent a swampland.  I wouldn't be surprised if, in a few minutes, an alligator swims past my window.

And as the darkness falls I find myself sitting here, writing a blog post, similar to one that I have written on many occasions in the past.  Someone posted an image on my Facebook wall yesterday, the quote read something like the following

"Tomorrow is the first blank page of a 365 page book.  Write a good one"

And I think that is what I am going to do.  I don't make resolutions as I find they are too easy to either break, or modify for your own purposes.  Instead I am working on a plan, for the first time in a while.  A plan to make those changes that we all need to make to ensure we live a happier and fuller lives.

Sometimes I look around at the people around me and think that they all have more in their life than I do.  Rather than do something about this, I just kept getting more and more down about it, and the reality is, lives always look better from the other side.

So we start afresh, with this plan.  And staying focused is the key thing.  Remembering what is important and why it is important is what should drive us forward.  So a couple of guiding principles to start with


  1. Save money (i.e. stop wasting it on things that are not important
  2. Don't worry about what others are doing, focus on those who are important to me and what is important to me.
  3. Start work towards my plan :)

2013 was a bit of a crap year, not just for myself and my family, but for others around me as well.  I see some of my closest friends struggling, mostly through no fault of their own.  And I just want to help them, but am in no real position to do so at the moment.

As I said, things have to change


No comments:

Post a Comment