Sunday, January 5, 2014

Music Choices for the Week

So we are into the first full week of the new year, time to change the CDs over in my car.  In many ways I am lucky, I have a large collection of CDs (although I will admit that some of them are spread through my flat in boxes.  One of my projects for the year is to both finally sort my collection out, correctly catalogue it and rip everything to MP3 so that I can listen to it all on my iPod.

So each week, as part of this I will be sorting through my collection and choosing 6 CDs to put into my multi-disk player in the car.  And here are my choices for the first week of the year

Very Best of the 90's

Worryingly I can only find one of the CDs for this.  The other one will be somewhere I am sure of it.  For me the 90s was about school, college and University.  The music got me through the late night studying.  So listening to this album brings back the memories of those times.

Megadeth - Countdown to Extinction

This was the first ever Metal album I listened to.  And holds some great memories for me.  I was at secondary school at the time and it did feel a little bit rebellious to be in the school choir and love metal.  Highlight for me is the Symphony of Destruction, the pounding guitar anthems and heavy beat.

Michael Jackson - Thriller

Yes a classic album.  Personally I don't think anyone will ever match him at his height in terms of popularity.  He was a little strange, but there is no doubting his absolute skill at music and performing.  The reason for choosing this album, I have been playing GTA Vice City this weekend and his music kept playing on the in game radio.  So it became an obvious choice.

Transcendental Euphoria - Various Artists

I love the Euphoria series of albums, and have them all.  The mix of music often throws up unexpected favourites.  This album and its counterpart 2nd CD are more relaxed than some are.  For me the perfect chill out albums, perfect for the drive home each evening.

The Very Best of Euphoric Dance Breakdown Ibiza

More upbeat and uplifting music.  Again from times at university where I was either studying or spending time in Middlesborough.  Double album so this completes the selection of CDs for this week.

And so off to work tomorrow.  For a lot of people it will be their first day back after the Christmas/New Year break (seems like ages ago).  It will be a day where very little work will get done by some people.  They will spend the day catching up, explaining how wonderful their Christmas/New Year was, how much they ate/drank/spent and how many wonderful presents they got.  For me..back to work with a to-do list as long as my arm.

No comments:

Post a Comment