Thursday, January 5, 2012

Footsteps in the snow

Oh how I wish I was blogging about fresh snow fall, the soft white flakes falling from the sky, the crunch underfoot the following morning when you are the first person to walk on the snow.  Walking in deep snow, so that it comes over the top of your boots.  My idea of heaven.

When you walk in the snow you leave footprints, just like you do when you walk in the world.  You leave footprints when you pass by everyone that you meet.  You control the affect that those footprints have.  It is your being, your personality that makes the different.  Sometimes we don't realise the impact we have on people's lives.  Other times we are more than aware of the pain that we cause.  But still we carry on walking in the snow, making those impacts.

I will, hand on heart, admit that I am not the greatest person on the planet.  I can be very selfish at times.  I do live in "Grahamland" an internal headspace that I don't ever let anyone into.  But I can also be kind, caring and considerate.  I am sometimes a complete dichotomy.  I can be one thing, and another in the same breath.  Clever isn't it.  I can give the impression that everything is fine, while underneath I am at a complete loss.  I can give the impression of everything being neat and tidy, when I look around and know that is not the case.

But you see in some ways that is what makes me who I am.  It is what defines me, and has defined me from day 1.  It is the reason why I wouldn't want to own a house, because I would struggle to keep it clean, tidy and ordered.  I would probably live in 2 or 3 rooms and that would be it.  That is who and what I am.

But still we keep making footsteps in the snow.  Still we keep touching people's lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment