Monday, January 2, 2012

Ok ok so I went into work today

"Dictionary is the only place that success comes before work. Hard work is the price we must pay for success. I think you can accomplish anything if you're willing to pay the price."
-- Vince Lombardi

So today was a public holiday in the UK.  So why did I find myself in the office?

Quite simple really.  I enjoy the peace and quiet.  Well if you can call listening to your ipod, peace and quiet.  But with only one other person in on my floor, I managed to get done in a few hours what would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete when others are in.  That is the great thing about where I work, when no on is, you get more work done than when your esteemed colleagues are in.

But let me roll back a little bit, to leaving home in the morning.  My car has a Bose speaker system, with a bass built into the boot.  It wasn't until this morning that I realised that it is the perfect system for listening to Metallica loudly.  Driving to work, Enter Sandman blasting out from my car...put me in the right mood.

Tomorrow will be different.  I can almost see it now.  Everyone coming back to the office, most seeing each other for the first time since before Christmas.  So I doubt much work will be done by most in the morning.

But for tonight I am relaxing.  Laundry done, watching Michael Portillo's Great British Rail Journeys.  It sounds dull, but he is travelling along rail lines in the UK following a guide writen in the late 1800s.  It is facinating to see and hear how the country side has changed.  We are lucky in the UK.  Our BBC has a cross of popular shows and fascinating documentaries.  So while the drier finishes I am going to watch this and relax.

Night all

No comments:

Post a Comment