Thursday, January 12, 2012

I wish it would snow

Seriously please. Can it snow, just a little bit. Ok well a lot. The Alps have had significant snow fall, but nothing in the UK. It keeps promising it. But no, nothing. For me there is something magical about snow. As a child I loved building snowmen, bit I think it was more when I was a teenager and doing my paper-round. The first footfalls on freshly fallen snow. The crunch and then the sound of the snow compressing under your foot. There is nothing like it. Looking around and seeing only your footsteps and those of the animals that have been out. But I think that set my mindset for snow. I love it. That and Christmas in Austria and Buffalo. I love the snow. I have a very healthy respect for it. I love driving in it. Unfortunately most of the people in this country don't. And that makes them dangerous. And in some way it drives on of my dreams. I would love, at some stage in my life, to own a place in the Alps. To have the freedom to be there winter or summer. We can all dream right?

No comments:

Post a Comment