Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Taxi Service

Oh how I love my job. Honestly I do. But today I have felt like a taxi service. Collecting people from the airport, dropping them off at the airport and then running back to pick up more guests. It is that infamous line in the work contract "and any other duties deemed necessary by the company." But that being said, it has enhanced my love of the airport. The emotions that you see in each terminal as people arrive and leave is the purest you will see outside of a parents love for their child. We spend out life saying goodbye and hello, both short term and long term. Sometimes we say goodbye without even realising it. Sometimes we welcome people back into our hearts and it feels like they have never left. "Welcome to London" that is what the sign says outside of Terminal 3 at London Heathrow airport. Welcome to London, home of the 2012 Olympics, a city of several million, a multi-cultural city. Home to the rich, the famous, to the poor and the destitute. A city whose view can change in the short space of a few blocks. A city of a thousand faces, a thousand moods and a thousand places. And here am I stuck waiting for 2 visitors, who are being held in UK customs. Welcome to London indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment